Friday, April 5, 2013

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Shakespeare's Hamlet!

Hello my lovelies! I know Shakespeare can be very difficult to understand and get into, but I'm here to help!  I've decided to add posts to this blog that I really hope will help you all really enjoy Shakespeare's Hamlet.

The first thing I've found that I think may help you out includes watching a Disney movie.  Weird, I know.  But it's actually pretty cool! Well, I think it is, but you all know me.  I'm a little lame sometimes.  If you have the movie or the opportunity to borrow it, I'll help you relate the two.

As you all know, this is Simba...son of Mufasa, the king of the lions.  That makes him a prince (like Hamlet).


Simba's father Mufasa is killed by his Uncle Scar, who wants to be in charge (see the relation? Hamlet's father was killed by his uncle because he wanted to rule the kingdom).

What other similarities in character and plot can we find between Disney's The Lion King and Shakespeare's Hamlet?  Is this something you think we should discuss in class?  Let me know in the comments section.  Hope this post helped you all a little bit.  More to come! Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment